Sennheiser Momentum 3 True Wireless Earbuds
- Powerful. Lower frequencies, bass, midrange, and treble edginess sound great with this pair.
- Comfortable Fit. Unique design and customizable ear tips allow this pair to deliver a comfortable fit.
- Functional Accompanying App. Smart Control app allows users to personalize their experience with this pair.
- Weak Battery Life. Less than 24 hours of battery life which is inferior compared to other pairs in the same price range.
- Form Factor can be Improved. Falls out easily which is a pain for those with more active lifestyles.
- Poor active noise canceling leaves room for improvement in loud or windy environments.
Brands old and new are attempting to make their way in the wireless earbuds market and while most succeed, others fail to make their mark. With Sennheiser though, that is definitely not the case with their track record of 75 years in the industry. That is why today, we are very excited to be reviewing the Sennheiser Momentum 3 True Wireless pair of earbuds. We’re going to be looking at what these are made of and if they’re ultimately worth your time.
The Momentum 3 is one of Sennheiser’s true wireless entries to the market with its bespoke drivers offering you superior sound quality, passive noise cancellation, and an accompanying app. With these features, it aims to be the perfect pair for your needs and while it does seem promising – we’re going to find out if what it says on paper matches up with what you get in reality. In this review, we will be laying out both the Pros and Cons of this pair and deciding if we think it’s worth your buck.
Starting off with the good things about this pair, here are the Pros that we found for the Momentum 3 True Wireless.
- Powerful. Lower frequencies and bass tones sound great with this pair which is great news for those who like listening to louder genres. It amps up the midranges and treble edginess as well for those who are particular with that aspect. This means that it has great potential to be the perfect gym companion with its capabilities, and pop, rock, and EDM enthusiasts are sure to be happy with this pair as well.
- Comfortable Fit. The Momentum 3 True Wireless has a unique design, having a boxy shape that’s far from the traditional round buds that we see so much in other brands in the wireless earbuds market. In saying that, they still deliver the same – and maybe even more – level of comfort that other models do. They come with 4 pairs of differently sized ear tips as well which means that you have plenty of opportunities to find the perfect fit. They’re also good for passive noise cancellation which is always a good feature to have in day-to-day life.
- Functional Accompanying App. These earbuds can be controlled with Sennheiser’s Smart Control app that allows you to tailor your experience with this pair. You can adjust EQ settings, rearrange touch controls, and even decide how to answer calls. This makes it a very convenient pair for those always on-the-go as you have the opportunity to make sure you never have to let configuring your music or podcast or call situation slow you down.
With these good things though, come some not-so-good things. Sennheiser definitely sacrificed some things for a stronger and smoother pair and now, we’re going to lay them out for you. Read on for the Cons that we found.
- Weak Battery Life. Compared to other high-end pairs in the market, this pair has weak battery life with less than 24 hours. It delivers 7 hours of playtime with 13 hours in the charging case which isn’t that much compared to other pairs going for the same price. If you’re going to be gone for a whole day or two, this might not see you through which is a shame for those who like to travel regularly.
- Form Factor can be Improved. Even though this is already a good pair design-wise, form factor can still be improved as these have the tendency to fall out easily or be unable to provide a tight seal. This means that for people always on the move or for those who live more active lifestyles, this might not be the best pair to get as it likely won’t be able to keep up.
All in all, the Sennheiser Momentum 3 True Wireless has definitely proved itself to be a strong contender in the wireless earbuds scene. With its powerful sound quality and comfortable fit, many users will be able to enjoy this pair in many different contexts. Its functional accompanying app also makes the experience much more enjoyable and personal.
But in saying that, its weak battery life and not-so-great form factor stops it from being the perfect pair for many people with more active or busy lifestyles. While that may not be such a big deal to others – you should definitely keep your non-negotiables in mind before taking the plunge with this one.
All things considered, we hope you have a great time with this pair (should you decide to get it) or have an easy time looking for a different model with the available reviews that we have on our website. We hope to have helped you with this review and with your earbud hunting journey in general. Happy listening!